Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hot Springs Bath House Row



In historic Hot Springs, there is a line of bath houses on central avenue that is known as bath house row. These bath houses are built over the hot springs and pump the spring water into private or public baths. I stopped in at the Quapaw and had a private bath and a massage.














There is a hotel that was built in the 1920's called the Arlington which was the hot spot back in the day. Al Capone used to frequent it. I stopped in a small bar last night that Capone used to frequent. It's now named Capone's. Go figure.



The bath was nice. Very relaxing. And the massage was nice too. I had a hot stone massage for the first time. It wasn't great, but it was good. More thunderstorms are in the forecast tomorrow, but I will watch the weather report and head out when it looks like I can dodge them best. I'll either head to Mt Magazine or out towards OK. Which ever looks dryer.

-s

No comments:

Post a Comment