Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hotel Buffet Breakfasts

Well, it's 9:13 AM and I am sitting in the hotel lobby/restaurant having breakfast. I should be on the road already, but looks like I will be delayed for a bit. There are 2 directions I could head today, west to OK or north up to Mt. Magazine (the highest point between the Appalachians and Rocky Mountains) and then over towards Mt. Nebo. According to the weather report, there are currently thunder storms to the west in Mena AR and thunderstorms to the north in Mt Magazine state park. Looks like I'll be staying put in Hot Springs today. I guess if I have to get caught in bad weather, I'd much rather be staying in a nice hotel than in a tent camping.



I don't usually mind riding in the rain. It's not something I particularly like, but I don't mind. Thunderstorms are a different matter. And since I will be riding with a fully loaded bike on unfamiliar roads with steep inclines, twisties and switchbacks, figured it would be best to stay put. I'll get out and around historic downtown Hot Springs today and be a tourist. It should be fun. This is probably best anyways. I'm on vacation but seems I've been rushing around. This will force me to slow down a bit. Might even do some flower sniffin.



-s

No comments:

Post a Comment